Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Most AWESOME New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp Recipe EVER!!!

This is a dish I first had on my honeymoon, over six years ago now, in our favorite restaurant in New Orleans. My wife, who had eaten there in the past, told me about the barbeque shrimp and after trying it I fell in love. I asked the waiter if there was a cookbook that carried the recipe and he returned from the kitchen with a sheet of paper that had the recipe on it. Now that is service! Warning: This is fattening, however it is worth it! As my motto goes, Everything in moderation, including moderation.



Recipe Serves 2 as an Entree, 4 as an Appetizer

16 Jumbo Shrimp (12 per pound, about 1 1/2 lbs.) with heads and unpeeled
1/2 cup Worchestershire
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice (about 2 Lemons)
2 teaspoons freshly ground Black Pepper
2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
French Bread for dipping

In a large skillet combine the shrimp, Worshestershire, Lemon Juice, Black Peppers, Creole Seasoning, and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Remove skillet from heat. Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over the top. Serve with the French Bread for dipping.

Please feel free to leave your feedback at my forum.

No comments: